Important News & Information
APPTAC Booth Volunteers Needed!
- Handouts for APPTAC will be accessible through the APPTAC App (an e-mail with access information was sent to all APPTAC advance registrants). Handouts for the preconference courses are posted HERE; an e-mail with access information was sent to all preconference course advance registrants. If you did not receive the access information, please contact email@example.com. If you plan to register onsite, we will provide the access information then.
2017 APPTAC Pre-Conference Courses are:
- Click here to sign up to help at the APPT booth in the APPTAC Exhibit Hall.
- I Survived, Now What? Treating the Musculoskeletal Consequences of Maturing with a Chronic Pediatric Health Condition
- Primary Service Provider Teaming Practices in Early Intervention: Differentiating Fact from Fiction
- Assessment of Adults with Neuromuscular Lesions as Guide for Lifespan Movement System Management of the Neuromuscular and Musculoskeletal Aspect
- Using Coaching and Natural Learning Environment Practices in Early Intervention
- Building Evidence: Publishing Your Pediatric Case Study
- Ensuring Safe Transportation for Individuals Who Use Wheelchairs through Community Member Empowerment!
- Ethicolegal Issues in Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Welcome Reception: Join us for food and refreshments and meet the exhibitors in this relaxed social setting as we kick-off APPTAC 2017! This event is free with a cash bar but RSVP is required on your registration form.
- Attendee Breakfast: 'Meet and greet' your colleagues at this free breakfast buffet. This is a great time to network before the opening sessions.
- Student and New Professional Mixer: Info to come as we get closer.
- Evening Event at Reds Stadium: It's not too late to sign up for some fun at APPTAC! Join your friends and meet some new ones at our Saturday evening event at the Reds Great American Ballpark! We will have escorts to walk with you from the conference center to the Reds Stadium or you can drive or take a Streetcar. Enjoy a cocktail hour in the Hall of Fame Museum where you will be able to clock your pitching, announce a game, view Reds memorabilia, and take your picture at the selfie station. We will then head to the Champions Club for an upscale dinner, door prizes, and a program to honor our young athletes. Advance registration is required for this event, so make sure to add it to your conference registration form. If you have already registered, you can easily add the event by calling 800/999-2782. See you at the ballpark!
- Meet and Eat Groups: Are you planning to attend APPTAC this November in Cincinnati? If so, why not enjoy the variety of culinary bites offered at the conference site with some new friends? We invite you to enjoy lunch and/or dinner with a small group of physical therapy professionals. (Each participant will be responsible for the cost of his or her own meal.) This is a great opportunity to connect at one of the great restaurants at the conference site and to network, engage in meaningful conversation, and create new and valuable relationships. We have a few terrific and affordable restaurants to choose from. Reservations will be made by APPT at each restaurant - all you have to do is contact Kati-Lyn Tierney, PT, DPT or Britta Battaile, PT , DPT, if you are interested in this great opportunity - space is limited! Please specify if you are interested in Friday LUNCH, Friday DINNER, or Saturday LUNCH, Saturday DINNER, or Sunday LUNCH. We will then send you a list of the restaurant choices, with links to menus, and you can pick your favorite one! We will then group you with other physical therapy professionals interested in the same location to create small groups of 6.
- Fitness Challenge: If you were part of our Fitness Challenge at SoPAC 2016, please continue in our APPT fitness club and encourage your colleagues to connect as well. (Also, see Kids Fitness Challenge below for some great news!) If you were not part of last year's Fitness Challenge, now is the perfect time to join us! It is easy, fun, and has no fees! All you need to do is download the Activity Club app and sync it to your personal tracking device (Fitbit, etc) or to your health app on your phone. This will then keep track of your physical activity each day and show you the leader board of your colleagues. You can even give each other high-fives! For instructions on how to join, click here. You can also sign up at the APPT booth at APPTAC 2017 in Cincinnati - just stop by!
- Kids Fitness Challenge: This year at APPTAC, we will be launching our Kids Fitness Challenge! We will be giving kid-specific personal fitness tracking devices to members to use with kids in their own practices. This device will help you set fitness goals for the child, provide motivation for the child to reach their goals, and provide the child with fun feedback at the same time. To receive one, you must first have joined our Fitness Challenge (see above). Then, just stop by the APPT booth at APPTAC in Cincinnati to receive the device and further instructions.
- Yoga: Yoga will be held in the lower level of the Netherland Hotel on Saturday 6:30 – 7:15 am and Sunday 7:30 – 8:15 am. Instructor will be Sara Dietz, PT, DPT, a Certified Yoga Instructor since 2002 who teaches and uses yoga in her clinical practice at Cincinnati Children's Medical Center. Some mats will be provided but bring your own if you can. (Note: No Yoga on Friday.)
- Pilates: Pilates will be held in the lower level of the Netherland Hotel on Friday 7:00 – 7:45 am (you will still have time to get to the Attendee Breakfast), Saturday 6:30 – 7:15 am, and Sunday 7:30 – 8:15 am. Instructor will be Claire McKeone PT, DPT, OCS (Stott and Basi). She has been teaching Pilates for 3 years, currently at 12th Street Pilates and also works at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. Some mats will be provided but bring your own if you can.
- Gym/Pool: If you prefer to do your own exercise, Netherland Hotel guests will have free full access to Snap Fitness, a full-service community gym located on the lower level of the Netherland Hotel. The well-equipped fitness room is open 24 hours a day. The heated indoor pool is open 8:00 am – 8:00 pm Sunday through Thursday and 11:00 am - 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday. Work out before or after programming!
Would You Like to Have APPTAC Come to Your State? The APPT Annual Conference Planning Committee is looking for locations for APPTAC 2020 (Midwest) and APPTAC 2021 (East). If you'd like to bring APPTAC to your town and serve as a local coordinator, please contact Cindy Miles.